Monday, October 20, 2008

Tea Cozy- Indianapolis, IN










We are so lucky. In addition to our favorite locally owned tea houses, Tea's Me and International Tea & Coffee, Indianapolis now has Tea Cozy. We stopped by last week for a spot of tea and found it to be a gorgeous space with a mind boggling variety of teas (over 100 our server told us). They have plenty of tables and a very helpful tea menu so you have ample time to peruse the choices. For our maiden trip there, we decided on cups (they also offer pots) of Borengajuli (a hearty black Assam tea) and, from their Ayurvedic Blends, a Yoga Tea. While we waited we enjoyed the beautiful atmosphere, good music, and people watching the folks on Market Street. Our teas arrived and they were delicious. The cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom in the Yoga Tea just hit the spot for Mrs. WYA! and Mr. WYA! loved the strong black tea. Next time, we are going to go hungry because The Capital Pot Pie on their menu caught our attention. It is described as a Reuben in a crust. We also overheard the server mention that they have a Saturday brunch. Just a note for when you go (and we hope that you will), the entrance is off of Market St. despite the fact that their address is 50 N. Illinois St. It is in the Block Building so you just go into the main doors and take an immediate right.

Tea Cozy on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

Stacy said...

I agree that the teas are amazing - so many great ones to choose from - but I was a little disappointed that the facility wasn't as "cozy" as I expected. I heard the name Tea Cozy and just expected something different. Though I hear they have another more private and cozy room you can use for parties and such.

Kevin said...

I believe the International Tea and Coffee place has closed. Nevertheless, I'll have to check out this new place. Thanks.

WYA! said...

Oh, that would be a huge bummer if Intl Tea and Coffee has closed. We haven't cruised through Fountain Square in awhile so I guess we'll have to do that and see if they are gone.

photoflies said...

I am new to the area and was walking downtown and ran into Tea Cozy. My first thought was to take my sister and nieices for a afternoon tea party. Thank goodness for unique places like this!
~LaRae Pierce

photoflies said...

I was walking downtown and ran into Tea Cozy and my first thought was to take my sister and neices for an afternoon tea party. Thank goodness for unique place like this!
LaRae Pierce
(new to the area)

WYA! said...

Welcome to the area LaRae!

Stacy said...

Are they still open? I haven't walked by there in ages - but tried to go to their website and came up with nadda. Hmm?

kjhulse said...

My bridesmaids threw me an afternoon tea shower there this past weekend. We had such a wonderful time! Like Stacy mentioned, I noticed their web site doesn't seem to be working, but they are open!!