Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Asia Mart

If the drab days of Indiana's winter are starting to get you down but you don't have the time or money to take a vacation, head over to the Asia Mart grocery on 86th St. behind Castleton Mall. It has the feel of one of those great stores in New York or San Francisco's Chinatown. Even if you can't read the labels of some of the items, it is fascinating to browse and listen to the different languages being spoken. I went there trying to find some thai tea like they serve at Jasmine Thai restaurant (please let me know if you know a local store that carries that). While I didn't find that, I did find one of my new favorites, pu-erh tea. Enjoy browsing and have some patience if you decide to buy. A recent Saturday visit found long lines at the check-out. http://www.asiamartgrocery.com/

No comments: